THE UVA BEN HEAD TEA PLANTATION BUNGALOW
Full day excursions
Distances of attractions from the bungalows
Bambarakanda Ella – 1 1/2 hour drive. 10 minute walk to the foot.
Day tour of waterfalls – Bambarakanda Elle/ Diyaluma Falls/ Rawana Ella with picnic lunch.
- Scenic Kirklees road to Nuwara Eliya via Udapussellawa, Ragala and Kandapola. (lunch at Nuwara Eliya)
Return via Sita Eliya – Hakgala
- Badulla via Bandarawela – Hali Ela, visit historic Buddhist and Hindu temples as well St. Marc’s Anglican church built around 1850 in honour of Major Rogers, pioneer colonial administrator.
Option: Dunhinda Falls. Return via Hali Ela- Ettampitiya(picnic lunch)
- Diyaluma Falls via Haputale – Koslanda. Return via Wellawaya – Ravana Ella Falls Ella gap – Bandarawela(picnic lunch)
- Horton Plains National Park with walk to World’s End and Baker’s Falls(picnic lunch)
- One day’s golf at Nuwara Eliya including lunch (1 hour’s drive from UBH)
Take a train ride from Ohiya railway station (constructed along with the railway line in 1893) and step down at Demodera railway station to view the 09 arch railway bridge and the railway loop. The Ohiya railway station is 45 minutes drive from Uva Ben Head plantation bungalows